Now that the wool festival calendar has really kicked into high gear, and with Edinburgh Yarn Festival fast approaching, we thought we’d take some time today to talk about Yarn Show Strategy. We’ll also have an update on the #Blackerpodkal, where you can find us in Edinburgh, what’s making us happy at the moment, and more!
What's making us happy:
The Blacker Yarns PodKAL continues and we are winding down to the last week! How’s your project going?
Some instagram highlights from #TeamYITC:
- Mariette694 has finished her cape of Tamar and Cornish Tin and it is spectacular!
- And then there’s Josh (breiwerken on Instagram) has finished her gorgeous colourwork jumper in Cornish Tin!
- A latecomer to the podkal is @yarnesty who has cast on a cabled hat also in Cornish Tin V2.0
#TeamYITC prize: we will post in the Ravelry thead what the prize is and who wins! Winner will be drawn on 6th March, so make sure you get your projects up and tagged with #BlackerPODKAL and #TeamYITC.
Allison is working on her #BlackerPODKAL project in St. Kilda lace.
Rachel finished the Christmas sweaters for her kids, but is now working on her #BlackerPODKAL project, the Inglis Mitts by Ysolda Teague in Tamar.
Tips for making sure you don’t get overwhelmed by the wool fumes and end up having to mortgage a kidney to buy yarn.
- Make a list
- Stick to your list
- If sticking to your list is going to be tough, set aside a set amount of money that you can splurge with and when it’s gone, it’s gone.
- Only take cash and leave the credit cards at home.
More generally – really think about what you’re buying. You don’t have to have a specific project in mind, but think about whether you already have five skeins of blue and purple 4-ply yarn in a box at home?
And we've put together a handy downloadable tip sheet for you too.
You can find the podcast on iTunes and Stitcher Radio and us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter, in our Yarn in the City group on Ravelry, or in person on Wednesday nights at our knit night at The Goat on the Rise between 7 and 10pm. Everyone’s really friendly and we hope to see you there!
Have a great couple of weeks and we’ll chat with you soon!
Music credits (available on NoiseTrade)
Ridiculously Happy (feat. Twilight Meadow) - Owl City